Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vegan Treats...For Dinner!











 I really was planning on having leftovers for dinner: collard greens and black-eyed peas cooked with coconut milk, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Healthy, fibrous, sweet and spicy; it would have made a fine dinner.
But then I was unexpectedly gifted Vegan Treats...who could expect me to resist?

Donuts (top to bottom, left to right)
chocolate glazed
sprinkled chocolate glazed
sprinkled vanilla glazed
boston creme
oreo cookie cream
toasted coconut cream (never had this one before: YUM!)
oops, is that another boston creme? How'd that get in there?
Cookies
chocolate chip
cowboy: pecan, chocolate chip, & coconut
banana chocolate chip (new flavor: super moist & ultra delicious)

Unfortunately, my sweet meal was served along with some disappointing news. Apparently Vegan Treats is no longer offering soft-serve ice cream in the shoppe. And it doesn't seem like this decision is temporary, as the soft-serve machine is gone! Vegan Treats, what happened? Your varied soft serve flavors were a big (and tasty) part of my visits: strawberry, chocolate cake batter, hazelnut, peanut butter, and my favorite: blueberry (to name a few). I even liked your vanilla, and that's saying a lot from this chocoholic. Any chance the soft-serve machine is taking a vacation?

2 comments:

  1. The machine died! We're just as disappointed as you are!!

    Sarah
    Vegan Treats
    www.vegantreats.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should hold a fundraiser so that it may rise again ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)