Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Daiya Pepperjack Has Landed

Know what that means? 
Quesadillas!


I pre-cooked the cheesy holy trinity: peppers, onions & mushrooms.  Then, I lightly sprayed both sides of the tortillas with olive oil and filled them with cheese, toppings, cheese, and more cheese.  I baked them on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for ten minutes on each side, which gave me enough time to whip up some fresh salsa.  Quarter them with a pizza cutter and enjoy!


I've never tried pepperjack cheese before; I was impressed.  The company describes it as "smooth and slightly spicy" and I concur.  It was very good and completely different than the cheddar and mozzarella Daiya varieties.  More cheesy options than a vegan could hope for!


Because I'm not familiar with pepperjack, I'm having trouble finding its place in my mental recipe index, but don't worry; I'll find a way.


In the meantime, though, I have plenty of cheddar and mozzarella to tide me over.


Thank you for existing, Daiya (and Pangea for selling you in bulk)!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really great. Peppers and mushrooms make everything better. I have yet to try Daiya but I love spicy foods - I think I would like this flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try the pepperjack but have been jonesing to make a quesadilla with it.

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)