Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vegan MoFo 2012, Carbstrong: Potato Skins and Homefries

Ok, so it turns out that when I clean out my fridge, it's not always to the healthiest result.


Behold: the most perishable contents of my fridge on this particularly busy weekday.  Half a bag of cheddar Daiya, a few baked potatoes (both leftover from the scramble), some Tofutti sour cream, chopped red onion, and jalapeño.


What else is a girl to do?  I halved the potatoes and tried to scoop the center out with my favorite scooper.  Either because the potatoes were cold from the fridge or under-baked, it wasn't working so well.


However, I quickly learned that it was working better than a grapefruit knife, which I promptly managed to cut myself with.  Back to the scooper!


Once the bleeding stopped (kidding!) and the skins were scooped, I filled them with onions, cheddar, more onions, and jalapeño.


I baked them at 375 degrees for 30 minutes on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and served them with sour cream.


And what did I do with the scooped potato?  Home fries, of course: potatoes, butter, onions, s/p.


With black pepper ketchup.


Ah, potatoes.


Speaking of, isn't this the cutest potato scrubber you ever did see?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love potatoes. Potatoes with potatoes for dinner works for me. Maybe a little salad on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carb strong!

    Also... I have the same potato brush!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)