Friday, November 13, 2015

Sweet Ritual- Vegan Austin TX

You didn't think I went all the way to Austin and skipped Sweet Ritual, did you?

 

WHO:

 

WHAT:
The menu has a list of (rotating) flavors and toppings, as well as pre-determined sundaes and specials. "Everything is Vegan Always."


WHERE:
Sweet Ritual shares a building (what looks to be a re-imagined gas station) with Juiceland. I spent a lot of time chuckling over whether I'd get a juice or an ice cream, but I have to admit that there were plenty of people on the juice line while we were there.

not my Prius
 

WHEN:
You know I'm behind; let's not go there...

WHY:

 

Sweet Ritual is colorful and quaint; I loved all of their original details. They've added edible glitter to the menu since my visit and I can't think of anything more appropriate.

 

After a significant amount of deliberation I chose chocolate and toasted coconut ice creams in a peanut butter cup sundae with chocolate sauce, peanut butter shell (!), salted peanuts, and dark chocolate chips. And then, as if all of that wasn't enough, THEY LET ME GET MY SUNDAE IN A WAFFLE CONE!

 

Peanut butter shell? Sundae in a waffle cone? It was almost too much to handle. Almost. I handled it.

They serve Sweet Ritual ice cream in local restaurants and sell it by the pint both at the shop and at Wheatsville Co-op. As always, I recommend going straight to the source.

But wait, there's more. A few months after I returned from my trip, Sweet Ritual started selling their salted caramel sauce in a bear! I got a bunch online from Rabbit Food Grocery and it was just as good as you are imagining. Okay, maybe better.

Good news: Rabbit Food Grocery is now a storefront as well as an online merchant!
Bad news: I haven't been able to find the caramel sauce selling online anywhere recently.
Possibly good news: Just yesterday Sweet Ritual announced that the bears are back, so hopefully they'll be available sometime soon!

 

For some reason, 89 was really not into the cute little bear army and that made it even funnier.


I don't mean to belabor it, but along with pouring it on ice cream, I also made amazing samoa fronch toast for VM with the caramel sauce for Mother's day:


Obviously Sweet Ritual is an absolute MUST VISIT if you're in Austin.


Please bring me something back.

2 comments:

  1. That ice cream treat looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think heaven looks pretty much like a vegan ice cream parlour. For real. Waffle cones and sprinkles and the whole nine yards. What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)